Sony Announces New FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens
(SINGAPORE, 12 June 2019) – Sony today announced another new lens for its expanding full-frame FE lens line-up; the new FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS super-telephoto zoom lens (model SEL200600G).
Sony’s furthest reaching E-mount zoom, the new G Lens™ series model utilises many of the company’s most advanced lens designing technologies to ensure excellent image quality, high-performance AF, and outstanding control. When paired with any of the latest, fastest E-mount camera bodies, it will reliably track and accurately capture all types of moving subjects including birds, wildlife, athletes in motion and much more.
“We will continue to innovate and expand upon our E-mount lens line-up, which now features 33 full-frame models and 51 lenses in total. The new 200-600mm super-telephoto zoom lens gives Sony’s camera users yet another powerful tool to realise their vision,” said Dai Tanaka, Director, Digital Imaging Division, Sony Electronics Asia Pacific. “For wildlife or bird photographers, sports photography enthusiasts and many others, it offers a new level of creative freedom, striking the ultimate balance between performance and portability.”
Key Features – New FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS super-telephoto zoom lens
- Extended reach with built-in stabilization
- Versatile tele-zoom range from 200mm telephoto to 600mm super-telephoto
- Compatible with Sony’s 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters, extending the reach to a maximum of 840mm at F9 or 1200mm at F13 with outstanding image quality and AF performance
- Built-in optical stabilisation with three different mode settings allows images to be sharp and in-focus at extended super-telephoto focal lengths
- High resolution and corner-to-corner sharpness throughout the entire zoom range
- Five ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and an aspherical element, arranged in a new optical design that minimises chromatic aberration
- 11-blade circular aperture mechanism that ensures beautiful bokeh
- Coated with Sony’s original Nano AR coating to suppress any unwanted reflections, glare, or ghosting in images
- Fast, precise and quiet autofocus
- Equipped with Sony’s DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) focusing system, which has the power and precision needed to drive the lens mechanism for remarkably fast, accurate focusing
- Advanced focus system allows exceptionally quiet operation, avoiding any unwanted noise that can disrupt an unpredictable subject like a resting bird or any other form of wildlife
- Internal zoom mechanism for reliable and stable handheld shooting
- Overall length of the lens does not change while zooming, maintaining consistent balance and distance between the front of the lens and desired shooting subject
- A fixed-length structure – internal zoom mechanism – is adopted to retain high resistance to dust and moisture2 to deal with difficult outdoor conditions
- Quick zoom operation with light zoom ring torque
- Refined control and reliability for use in the field
- Focus ring that features Linear Response MF for fine, responsive manual focus control
- Equipped with three customisable focus-hold buttons plus a Focus Range Limiter
- Dust and moisture resistant design and fluorine coating on the front element to resist dirt and fingerprints
Pricing and Availability
The FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS will be available at selected Sony Stores, Sony Centres and Sony authorised dealers in the 3rd quarter of 2019.
A product feature video can be viewed on the Sony Camera Channel on YouTube.
For product specifications, please visit www.sony.com.sg
About Sony Electronics (Singapore)
Sony Electronics (Singapore) is responsible for the marketing and sales of consumer products, as well as professional products and solutions in Singapore. It also handles export business for Sony products from Singapore to various parts of Asia. Since establishing our presence in Singapore in 1973, we have grown steadily over the years to become a leader in the consumer electronics and broadcast markets. For more information on Sony’s products and services in Singapore, please visit http://www.sony.com.sg/
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a creative entertainment company with a solid foundation of technology. From game and network services to music, pictures, electronics, semiconductors and financial services – Sony’s purpose is to fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology. For more information, visit: http://www.sony.net/
For media enquiries, please contact:
|Kavya Rai and Geena Hui|
BlueCurrent for Sony Electronics
Asia Pacific and Singapore
Tel: +65 6671 4707 / +65 6671 4428
Sony Electronics Asia Pacific
Tel: +65 6544 7428
 When the NEX series, ILCE-3000/3500, ILCE-5000/5100, ILCE-7/7R/7S, is attached, the autofocus function is limited. For details, please visit our support site.
 Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof