There are several ways to display content of a mobile device on the TV screen. First, check the available functions and compatibility information depending on the type of your TV and desired connection methods.
NOTE: To check the type of your TV, refer to the How to check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV™, Android TV™, or other TV article.
IMPORTANT: Available functions differ depending on your TV or mobile device. Check the available functions with your devices on the 1. Available functions and compatibility section before proceeding.
- Wireless with Internet - TV is connected to the Internet:
- Wireless Without Internet - TV is not connected to the Internet:
Simply tap the Cast icon to display videos such as YouTube or photos saved in apps on the TV screen.
How do I use Chromecast built-in (Google Cast) (Google Cast) on Sony's Android TV
If you have an Apple device and your Android TV supports AirPlay, you can mirror your Apple device screen to the TV or stream content.
- Does my TV support Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit?
- Apple AirPlay: Displaying content from Apple devices on Android TV
You can make a direct wireless connection between the TV and mobile device and send photos and videos to the TV.
How to set up and use the Wi-Fi Direct feature of the TV with the mobile device
You can display the screen of the mobile device on the TV as is.
How to use the Screen mirroring function on my BRAVIA TV
You can make a direct wireless connection between the TV and mobile device, and share photos and videos or save shared content to another device.
You can make a USB connection between the TV and Android mobile device and share photos, videos, and music.
How to connect a smartphone to the TV with a USB cable and display content
- If the mobile device supports Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL)
You can use an MHL cable to display the screen of the mobile device on the TV.
How to connect an MHL device to a TV using an MHL cable
- If the mobile device supports Micro HDMI
You can use an HDMI cable to display the screen of the mobile device on the TV.
- Not all TVs have an MHL input. If the TV supports MHL, at least one of the HDMI inputs on the TV will be labeled MHL.
- Not all mobile devices support MHL or Micro HDMI. Check the specifications or the supplied manual.
* iPhone, iPad, AirPlay, and HomeKit are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.