Master Cut (Beta)
Cloud service for fast, high-precision video correction utilizing camera metadata and cloud AI
This site describes how to use Master Cut (Beta), a cloud service for impressive and efficient video pre-editing.
Using Master Cut (Beta), you can stabilize and remove noise from uploaded clips, and in a single step, normalize the uneven volume of clips shot in various locations.
After efficient initial editing, your work is ready to transfer to non-linear editing software for finishing touches.
To top of service pageMaster Cut (Beta)
- OS: Windows 10, 11
- Browser: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge
- OS: MacOS 10.15, 11, 12
- Browser: Google Chrome, Safari
- We recommend using a computer for this service. Operation on tablets or smartphones is not ensured.
- ILCE-1, ILCE-7RM5, ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-7C, ILCE-7M4
- ZV-E1, ZV-E10, ZV-1F, ZV-1M2, ZV-1
- DSC-RX100M7, DSC-RX0M2
- ILME-FX3, ILME-FX30
- File Extension: mp4, mov
- Format: XAVC S, XAVC S-I, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, mp4, mov, H.265, HEVC, XAVC-HS
- Frame size: 3840×2160, 2160×3840, 1920×1080, 1080×1920, 1280×720, 720×1280
- Frame rate: 59.94p, 29.97p, 50p, 25p, 23.98p (variable frame rate)
- Video codec:
- XAVC S (XAVC S equivalent) , HEVC, XAVC-HS
- H.264/MPEG-4 AVC: AVC, 8 bit, 10 bit, 4:2:0/4:2:2
- H.265/MPEG-4 AVC: 8 bit, 10 bit, 4:2:0/4:2:2
- Audio codec:
- XAVC S (XAVC S equivalent)
- H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (2 channels), 48-kHz, 16-bit, AAC compression
- File Extension: mp4
- Format: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, mp4
- Frame size: Corresponds to the input resolution. If metadata indicates 90° or 270° rotation, the vertical and horizontal resolution are switched to match the rotation.
- Frame rate: For 59.94p, 29.97p, 50p, 25p, or 23.98p, corresponds to the input value. In other cases, fixed at 59.94p.
- Bit rate: About the same as the input level. Bit rates may be lower, depending on the video.
- Video codec: AVCFor videos from Sony cameras, color difference and bit depth correspond to the input values.
- Audio codec: 2 channels, 16 bit, AAC compression
- Maximum length per file: 30 minutes
- Maximum size per file: 25 GB
- Maximum projects: 50
- Maximum clips per project: 500 clips
- Maximum clips for correction: 250 clips
- Maximum output length for correction per project: 90 minutes
- Master Cut (Beta) capacity: 10,000 files
- Non-Rec. 709 files (such as video shot in S-log3) can be used as source files, but Master Cut (Beta) applies Rec. 709 as the color space for previewing and output after image stabilization. Support for files not recorded in Rec. 709 will be added in the future.
- Master Cut (Beta) storage is included in the storage provided by Creators' Cloud.
For capacity details, check the usage information in the lower left of the file management screen. Managing files
Image stabilization is available only for video recorded with these settings.*1
ZV-E1*4, ZV-E10*2, ZV-1F, ZV-1M2, ZV-1*2
- *1 Operation is not ensured when shooting with non E-mount lenses (except for compact cameras).
It is not possible to apply metadata-based image stabilization when recording with Slow & Quick motion or super slow motion.
- *2 To use metadata-based image stabilization, set the SteadyShot function to [Off] or [Active] on the camera body before shooting.
- *3 To use metadata-based image stabilization, set the SteadyShot function to [Off] on the camera body before shooting.
- *4 To use metadata-based image stabilization, set the SteadyShot function to [Off], [Active] or [Dynamic active] on the camera body before shooting.
It is not possible to apply metadata-based image stabilization when recording with the Auto Framing or Framing Stabilizer function.
- Released Master Cut (Beta)