How does Smart Lock work? What is Smart Lock? How do I set up Smart Lock? Which Smart Lock types are available in my Xperia phone? How do I use Smart Lock to keep my device unlocked in certain situations? ?
The Smart Lock feature unlocks your device automatically in certain situations. You can set your device to unlock, for example, when it’s connected to a Bluetooth® device, when it recognizes your face or voice or when you’re carrying it with you.
To prepare your device to unlock automatically, perform the following steps:
- Make sure you have an active Internet connection, preferably a Wi-Fi® connection to limit data traffic charges.
- Make sure that all your apps are updated using the Play Store™ application in order to ensure that the Google Play™ services app is updated. Having an up-to-date Google Play™ services app ensures that you can use the latest Smart Lock features.
- Enable Smart Lock.
- Set when you want your device to unlock automatically by selecting a Smart Lock type.
Smart Lock types
- On-body detection - keep your device unlocked when you're carrying the device with you.
- Trusted places - keep your device unlocked when you're in a trusted location.
- Trusted devices - keep your device unlocked when a trusted Bluetooth device is connected.
- Trusted face - let your device unlock when it recognises your face.
- Voice Match - allows you to access and interact with Google Assistant even if your screen is locked.
To enable Smart Lock
- Make sure that you've set a pattern, PIN or password for your screen lock.
- Find and tap Settings > Lock screen & security > Advanced > Trust agents.
- Drag the slider beside Smart Lock (Google) to the right.
- Tap the back arrow next to Trust agents.
- Find and tap Smart Lock.
- Enter your pattern, PIN or password. You need to enter this screen lock any time you want to change your Smart Lock settings.
- Select a Smart Lock type and follow the on-screen instructions to enable it.
Note 2: The Smart Lock feature is developed by Google™ and the exact functionality may change over time due to updates from Google.