Note: After File System Conversion, it may not be possible to launch Windows and users have to restore and reinstall the system. Sony Corporation has no responsibility for any issues araising from File System Convert. Performing a full system backup before converting the file system is highly recommended.
• If the partition converts into NTFS, it cannot be restored to the original state. If FAT File System wants to be used in the same Partition, this Partition must be reformatted. Note that all data will be lost when reformatted.
• Windows® 95 and Windows® 98 cannot enter the Partition which has been converted into NTFS in the File System.
• When converting in the File System, a drive needs to be converted and some blank partition is required. Conversion in File System will fail if blank partition is insufficient.
1. Terminate the running application.
2. Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
3. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
4. When the User Account Control window appears, click Continue.
5. When the User: Command Prompt window appears, please input the following:
convert drive name ：/fs:ntfs
*Drive name is the drive to be converted.
6. For example, in order to convert drive J into NTFS, please input the following commands and then press Enter.
7. After the following information displays, continue to input the Volume Label of the drive to be converted, and then press Enter.
Volume Label can be confirmed and converted when converting the properties of drives.Please use one-Byte letter.
8. After converting into NTFS is completed, the following words will be displayed in the Command Prompt:
9. After converting into NTFS is completed, please press Enter, close the Command Prompt window.