How to play the local multimedia files on Linux operating system?
How do I play the local multimedia files on Linux operating system?
By default, there is an integration tools to play multimedia files in system. If you need it, please click on the link below for VLC Kit and operate it in accordance with the following methods:
Note: This is for reference only. There is no official support on VLC Kit.
- Click on the desktop "home folder" into the download directory just flashed.
- Right-click VLC.tar.gz to select decompression. After the extraction is completed it will generate a a vlc catalog in the current directory.
- Go to the VLC directory.
- Here the packages of *rpm are more, it is recommended that you press the F4 key on the keyboard directly evocative terminal.
- Enter the following command in the terminal to Install.
%sudo rpm –Uvh *.rpm –force
- After installation, click on the icon on the lower left corner of the desktop (also the Start button) -> applications -> media player to open the player to watch the video.
- In he terminal environment, please click on the icon in lower left corner of the desktop (also start button) -> Terminal after you see % symbol, indicating that the terminal is open. Or when you open a folder in the graphics, directly press the F4 key on the keyboard to call up the terminal.
- Decompression - It is assumed that you downloaded the toolkit to the directory of /tmp. Please execute:
% cd /tmp
% sudo xz-d VLC.tar.xz decompression. tar.xz format
% sudo tar xvf VLC.tar decompression. tar format
- Installation - please execute:
% cd vlc into vlc directory
% sudo rpm -Uvh *.rpm --force installation
- Installation is completed. Click on the icon on the lower left corner of the desktop (the Start button) -> applications -> media player to open the player to watch the video.