Supports writing data to BD-R 1.1 discs (single-layer discs with the capacity of 25GB, dual-layer discs with the capacity of 50GB) and BD-RE 2.1 discs (single-layer discs with the capacity of 25GB, dual-layer discs with the capacity of 50GB).
The Blu-ray drive on the computer does not support BD-RE 1.0 discs and Blu-ray cartridge discs.
Blu-ray Disc Playback:
- As with other optical media devices, circumstances may limit compatibility or prevent Blu-ray disc playback. VAIO computers may not support movie playback on packaged media recorded in AVC or VC1 formats at high bit rates.
- Requires compatible high-definition display for high definition playback. Playback of AACS protected media may require an HDCP compliant output and HDCP compliant display.
- Customer may need to connect to the Internet when playing back copyright protected Blu-ray Discs.
- Region settings are required for Movies and BD-ROM contents. If the region setting and the region of the disc do not match, playback is not possible.
- Please make sure the AC adapter is connected to the computer when the Central Processing Unit (CPU) is having a heavy workload, such as during Blu-ray disc playback. Otherwise, playback may not be displayed properly because of the power saving feature.
Blu-ray Disc Recording/ Burning:
- Video recording to Blu-ray Disc media is done in MPEG2 format only.