1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Personalization.
3. In the Appearance and Personalization window, click Display.
4. In the Display window, on the left, click Adjust resolution.
5. In the Screen Resolution window, to the right of Resolution:, drag the slider up or down to the desired screen resolution and click the OK button.
6. In the Display Settings pop-up window, under Do you want to keep these display settings?, select the Keep changes button.
NOTE: Some screen resolution options may output an image that is too large or too small for the screen area of the computer display. Because of this, be sure to choose a screen resolution setting that either exactly fits or is slightly smaller than the screen area of the computer display.