Why is there no video when using the Skype service?
There is no video when using the Skype service.
IMPORTANT: Before beginning this procedure, to make sure that the Sony Visual Communication Camera driver is up to date and properly installed, download and install the latest Sony Visual Communication Camera update available in the Downloads section in this Support website. Once the update has been installed, restart the computer.
1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, click Skype, and then click Skype.
2. Sign into the Skype service using the appropriate Skype ID and Password, and then click the Sign In button.
3. In the Skype window, click Tools, and then click Options.
4. In the Options window, click Video settings.
5. In the Video settings window, next to Select webcam, click the down arrow and then click to select the Sony Visual Communication Camera.
6. Click the Save button to complete the webcam setup process.
7. In the Skype window, click to select the user you would like to call, and then click the Video call button.
8. The user you have selected will receive a notification and be prompted to Answer, Answer with Video or Decline your call.
9. Once the selected user accept the invitation, the Video Conference will be enabled.