How to change the region code for DVD software?
Changing the region code for DVD software.
- After five changes, the region code will remain set to the last change made and cannot be changed.
- The region code can be changed up to five times.
- This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- A DVD disc of the region being selected must be in the DVD/CDROM drive to complete the region code setting change.
1. Click the Start button, and then click the Control Panel icon.
2. In the Contol Panel window, click the System and Maintenance icon, and then click the Device Manager icon.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
3. In the Device Manager window, double-click the DVD/CDROM drives icon.
4. In the Device Properties window, click to select the DVD Region tab.
5. In the DVD Region window, click to select the appropriate region code.
6. Click the OK button.