Generally, the default settings which network adapter with auto-examination function is enabled by default.
Please try to disable network adapter with auto-examination function, if the network speed is slow or network cannot be connected.
Please refer to the steps below to enable or disable auto-examination function.
|※||The contents displayed vary from different VAIO notebook models.|
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager.
- Click + beside Network adapters to expand the information.
- Right-click Network adapters, and then click Properties.
※ Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigbat Ethernt Controller is uesd in this example.
- When the screen displays Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigbat Ethernt Controller (the name of network adapter) Properties, select the Advanced tab, and then click Speed & Duplex in the left frame of Properties.
The Link Speed & Duplex may display for particular models.
- The operation method may vary from different contents displayed.
● Enable auto-examination function.
Click ▼ on the right of the window, and then select Auto.
The Auto Detect may display for certain VAIO models.
● Disable auto-examination function.
Click ▼ in the Value on the right of the window, and then select other tabs except Auto.
The items available for selection may vary from different network environments (Network speed or net communication mode).
User will see the 100Mbps / Full Duplex tab if user is using a particular VAIO model.
- Click OK to close the window.