IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
You can browse your files in the following 2 ways :
- Directly on the device
- By connecting the device via a USB cable to a computer
Browsing files directly on your Android device
You can browse photos, videos, or audio tracks on your device using pre-installed applications such as the Album, Music, and Video applications.
Alternatively, you can use a file manager application for viewing, searching, renaming, and organising your files and folders. File manager applications are available for download from Google Play Store.
There is also a pre-installed file manager.
To browse files using the built-in file manager
- Find and tap the Files app . It's sometimes placed in the Other folder on the Applications screen.
- Tap ”Internal storage" to browse the internal storage, "SD Card" (if available) to browse an external memory card.
Tips: Touch and hold a file to highlight it. You can then share the file, or tap and then move or copy the file to another location.
Browsing files using a computer
Connecting via USB
You can use a USB cable to connect your device to a computer to transfer and manage files and folders. Once the two devices are connected, you can use your computer's file explorer to drag and drop content between your computer and device, or between your device's internal storage and memory card.
To connect an Xperia device to a Windows computer
- Connect your Xperia device to a Windows computer using a USB cable.
- Xperia device: If prompted, in the Allow access? dialog, tap ALLOW.
- Computer: Open Microsoft Windows Explorer. Your Xperia device appears under Computer.