This article is for the issue with no network / no data connection after the Android 11 upgrade.
We apologize for any inconvenience. You might be facing an issue that Your Xperia phone shows no network / no data connection after the Android 11 upgrade.
Please try the below methods one after the other. Verify whether the problem was solved after each method, before trying the next one.
Restart your Xperia phone
- Long press the power key.
- In the menu that opens, tap Restart. The device restarts automatically.
If the issue is still occurred after restarting your Xperia phone, please try the following steps one by one.
Reset APN configuration to the default setting.
- Find & Tap Settings
- Tap Network & Internet → Mobile network → Advanced → Access point names
- Then, tap the menu icon on the top left of the screen→ Reset to default
Reset all network settings
- Find & Tap Settings
- Tap System → Advanced → Reset options → Reset network settings
Check the cellular network connection with a different SIM Card if you have it.
Please perform a software repair by using Xperia Companion. To minimize data loss, remove your SIM card and SD card from your device before you perform a software repair. Data on your phone’s internal memory (saved on your phone and not on your SIM or SD card) will be deleted when you perform a software repair.
Note: Back up any important data that is saved on the internal memory of your device to a memory card or other non-internal memory. If you have any encrypted files stored on an SD card, you should also remove the encryption to ensure you can still access them after the reset.
To perform a software repair by using Xperia Companion.
- Open the Xperia Companion software.
- From the Xperia Companion, home screen tap Software Repair → Connect the device → Unlock the device → Press NEXT
Once the repair is complete, before you turn your phone on, re-insert the SIM card and SD card. Turn your phone on. Press and hold the power key for a few seconds before releasing it. Your phone is now ready to use.
Note: If you are unsure how to use Xperia Companion, please contact our customer service.
If the issue still continues, then please contact our customer service and ask for Repair.