IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article.
The Accessibility shortcut function provides an easier and faster way to switch your favorite accessibility function.
Note: The Accessibility shortcut function is not available during initial setup.
Activating the Accessibility shortcut function
To enable the Accessibility shortcut function, press and hold the MUTE button on the TV remote control for more than five seconds.
- When you use the Accessibility shortcut function for the first time, a message will appear and the TV will read the title: Use Accessibility Shortcut? The TV will then read the focused button: USE SHORTCUT. By pressing the Enter button on the remote control, the accessibility shortcut is enabled and the TalkBack feature is assigned to the Accessibility shortcut function.
- The default setting of the Accessibility shortcut function is set to use the TalkBack feature, which Sony recommends you use.
- When the TalkBack feature is set to ON, Edit in Quick Settings cannot be used.
- For eARC supported models, when the TalkBack is activated, eARC mode will be Off.
Changing the assigned Accessibility shortcut function
- On the remote control, press the Quick Settings button.
Note: For models released in 2021, the Quick Settings button is located at the upper right of the navigation wheel that is placed on the middle of the remote.
- Press the Left arrow button to select Settings, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select System, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Up arrow or Down arrow button to select Accessibility, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Up arrow or Down arrow button to select Accessibility shortcut, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Shortcut service, and press the Enter button.
- Select your preferred accessibility function and press the Enter button.
- Select OK and press the Enter button.
Turning the Accessibility shortcut function ON or OFF
Instead of starting from the Setting menu, you can turn the desired accessibility function ON or OFF by pressing and holding the MUTE button on the remote control until you hear a response (more than five seconds).