Music Center for PC does not recognize the Walkman player.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue.
- Follow the appropriate procedure to update the Music Center for PC and Walkman player to the most recent versions:
- Music Center for PC software update (English Only)
- To update the Walkman player, visit the Sony Support website, search for your Walkman player by entering the model number, and then go to the Downloads section.
- Connect the Walkman player to a computer.
- Make sure you are using the USB Type-C cable (included with player) to connect to the computer.
- In the Use USB for menu, select File Transfer, and tap OK.
If you want to know how to transfer contents to the Walkman, you may refer to this FAQ: How to transfer content from a computer to the Walkman player