IMPORTANT: This article applies only to the specific products and operating systems.
- Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article.
- Android™ 9, Android 8.0, Android 7.0 Operating systems. For details on how to check the OS version, refer to the What Android OS version does the Android TV™ use? article.
The voice search function can help you find content you are looking for by listening to your spoken search words. In order to use the voice search function, an Internet connection is necessary.
When you are using an app, search results in the app will be displayed on your TV screen. Below are examples of apps where the voice search function can be used:
- Google Play Store: You can search apps available in the Google Play Store.
- Google Play Movies & TV: You can search content available in Google Play Movies & TV.
- YouTube™: You can search content available in YouTube.
- TV broadcast: TV programs related to your search word are displayed on the TV screen.
NOTE: If the app you are using is not supported by the voice search function, search results from YouTube content are displayed.
How to use the voice search function
- Depending on your TV model, Press the Microphone or Google Assistant button on the TV remote control.
The location of the Microphone or Google Assistant button:
- Speak what you want to search for, such as a movie title, into the microphone at the top of the TV remote control.