Full Specifications & Features
Size & Weight
- Headphone Type
- Closed, dynamic (circum-aural)
- Driver Unit
- 70 mm, dome type (CCAW Voice Coil)
- Impedance (Ohm)
- 56 ohms at 1 kHz
- Aluminum-coated LCP diaphragm
- Frequency Response
- 4 Hz - 100,000 Hz
- Sensitivities (dB/mW)
- 98 dB / mW
- Cord Type
- Detachable Y type
- Cord Length
- Headphone cable (Approx. 3 m (118 1 / 8 in) , silver-coated OFC strands, Gold-plated stereo mini plug) , Balanced-connection Headphone cable (Approx. 1.2 m (47 1 / 4 in) , silvercoated OFC strands, L-shaped gold plated balanced standard plug)
- Headphone cable (Gold-plated stereo mini plug) , Balanced-connection headphone cable (L-shaped gold plated balanced standard plug)
- Wearing Style
What's In The Box
- Unimatch Plug Adaptor (Gold-plated) Headphone cable (Approx. 3 m (118 1 / 8 in) , silver-coated OFC strands, Gold-plated stereo mini plug) , Balanced-connection Headphone cable (Approx. 1.2 m (47 1 / 4 in) , silvercoated OFC strands, L-shaped gold plated balanced standard plug)
Enjoy premium sound with High-Resolution Audio
Take your digital music collection to another level with High-Resolution Audio. By digitally capturing music at a higher rate than CD, High-Resolution Audio allows you to get closer to the original studio recording and enjoy your music just as the artist intended.
70mm HD driver units deliver high quality sound
Newly developed HD driver units with a large diameter of 70mm, designed to cover most people’s ears, produce a plane wave front similar to that in a natural sound field and reproduce frequencies from 4Hz-100kHz. Every note stays precise and clear across a spacious sound stage, reproducing the emotion and energy of the original recording, with true vocal clarity and precise bass response.
Fibonacci-patterned grill for smooth ultra-highs
Fibonacci-patterned grill inherited from MDR-Z1R, reproduces the intended sound properties smoothly. It is made of stiff resin to achieve both thinness and strength and minimise sound damping from the grill at ultra high frequencies.
Aluminium-coated LCP diaphragm for more precision
An aluminium-coated liquid crystal polymer diaphragm gives a more consistent and precise sound across the entire frequency range. Combining aluminum and LCP, material-specific resonance is canceled and delivers natural sound with low colouration.
Approx. 200% bigger Dynamic Neodymium Magnet
With a newly developed magnetic circuit and bigger magnet, double the size of the MDR-Z7, the MDR-Z7M2 establishes more driving power and a fast response to high resolution signals, which results in sharp clarity of sound.
4.4mm balanced cable connection
Enjoy clear, precise and dynamic sound with a 4.4mm balanced connection cable, which separates left and right sound signals and reduces noise from the output signal.
Silver-coated oxygen free copper cable
Silver-coated oxygen-free copper cables, enables to minimise resistance and signal-transmission loss. The result is less sound degradation, finer detail and smoother treble sounds.
A combination of three-dimensionally sewn synthetic leather surfaces and very thick low-repulsion urethane foam cushion, provides both ergonomic shape to fit to the unevenness of the head and give even pressure throughout the area. This reduces sound leakage by increasing the air-tightness and delivers the very best powerful heavy bass.
Aluminium-alloyed hanger and slider
Aluminium alloy is used for hangers and sliders which form the backbone of the headphones. These guarantee both lightweight and long lasting durability over the years.