Sony’s latest in-car media receivers, XAV-AX5500 and XAV-3500, provide superior entertainment and a safe driving experience on the road
(SINGAPORE, May 14, 2020) – Sony introduces its XAV-AX5500 and XAV-3500 in-car media receivers, which provide a safer and smarter driving experience while on the go. Combining superior entertainment and a safe driving experience, these in-car receivers are the perfect companion to make commuting better than ever before.
Key Features of the XAV-AX5500 Bluetooth® Media Receiver
Indulge in a hands-free driving experience enabling you to stay connected yet focused on the road in front of you with the new XAV-AX5500. Pairing innovative design with safety, this new in-car receiver limit distractions through lighter touch operation and improved visibility, allowing drivers to see details on the screen in one glance.
Sony’s new in-car media receiver is equipped with dual USB ports for easy accessibility and offers a comprehensive smartphone connectivity package. With WebLink™ Cast, seamless mirroring capabilities can be achieved with either Android or iOS device connection. The smartphone integrations include Apple CarPlay, the safer way to use your iPhone on the road. For Android users, connect to Android Auto for reliable, responsive infotainment any time you are behind the wheel.
- 95-inch flush mount capacitive touchscreen realised an astonishingly flat, bezel-less display that elegantly matches with the car interiors with a single-DIN rear chassis that allows for space saving installation
- Apple CarPlay – Apple CarPlay integrates iPhone with the car audio’s display and controls, enabling users to make phone calls, access music, send and receive messages, get directions optimized for traffic and more while the driver stays focused on the road. Apple CarPlay now supports third-party navigation apps, so it provides even more choices to get to the destination; learn more at apple.com/ios/carplay
- Android Auto – Designed with safety and convenience in mind, Android Auto is a simpler way to use a smartphone with the car’s display. Drivers can stay focused, connected and entertained, keeping their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel, while using voice to help with daily tasks; learn more at android.com/auto
- WebLink™ Cast – WebLink is a lightweight app delivery platform designed especially for in-vehicle use; using the Android or iOS device connection, it is now updated with a capability to mirror smartphone screen right on the XAV-AX5500 display – for reliable, responsive infotainment anytime on the road.
- Dual USB ports – With the dual USB ports, users can now hook up with various storage devices to play from the music library while still connecting smartphone with smartphone integrations.
- Quick wake-up – It is ready to hit the road soon after ignition is turned on
- FLAC audio file compatible – Free Lossless Audio Codec compresses without any loss in quality; it can play back FLAC files with up to 24-bit depth and sampling frequency at 48 kHz
- 5V 3-Pre-out – The 5-volt signal offers clearer sound with less distortion when the head unit is connected to external amplifiers for future acoustic expandability
- Sound optimisation – The Dynamic Stage Organiser (DSO) creates vivid sound image as if there were speakers on the dashboard; the 10-band equalizer (EQ10) with 10 pre-sets provides easy and effective frequency adjustment for various listening environments
- 55Wx4 MAX/20Wx4 RMS DRA2 with EXTRA BASS™ circuitry – A built-in, 4-channel amplifier delivers 55 watts x 4 (max. at 4 ohms) / 20 watts x 4 (RMS at 4 ohms) output power with DRA2 (Dynamic Reality Amp 2) power IC; the EXTRA BASS™ works to reproduce clear, punchy sound at any volume level; the two-mode boost steps allow for both delicate and heavy boost settings
- Rear view camera ready – The image of a connected rearview camera is seen when the vehicle’s transmission lever is shifted to the “R” (Reverse) position or when tapping the “Rear Camera” icon on the home screen
Key Features of the XAV-3500 Bluetooth® Media Receiver
The new XAV-3500 provides a superior entertainment experience while on the go with features including WebLink™ Cast which offers smartphone connectivity and easy control for everyday driving. This in-car receiver offers easy accessibility, revolutionary design and a unique audio experience with limited distractions, allowing you to focus on the road and nothing else.
- 95-inch anti-glare touchscreen display with lighter touch operation and improved visibility as well as space saving installation with a single-DIN rear chassis
- WebLink™ Cast – With the ease of WebLink™ Cast, mirror your favourite applications from the smartphone on the XAV-3500 for a safer and enjoyable drive
- Ergonomically designed physical key terminal – The ergonomically designed key terminal gives instant access to the basic operation such as source selections and sound adjustments while minimizing distractions
- 5V 3-Pre out – The 5-volt signal offers clearer sound with less distortion when the head unit is connected to external amplifiers for future acoustic expandability
- Multiple audio features – Bring the bass to your journey with EXTRA BASS™ which produces clear punchy sound at any volume level. Along with 55 watts x 4 (max. at 4 ohms) / 20 watts x 4 (RMS at 4 ohms) output power, sound optimization such as DSO (Dynamic Stage Organizer), and 10-band equalizer as well as FLAC audio fie compatibility, you can enjoy powerful and quality sound wherever you are going.
- Rear view camera ready – Reverse with confidence and ease with the rear-view camera ready XAV-3500 alongside with adjustable parking guidelines
The XAV-AX5500 and XAV-3500 will be available from June 2020.
For full product details of
- XAV-AX5500, please visit:
- XAV-3500, please visit:
For more details on the functions of WebLink™
- XAV-AX5500, please visit:
- XAV-3500, please visit:
About Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Based in Singapore, Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation. It serves as the regional management and marketing headquarters for Sony’s consumer as well as broadcasting and professional products, overseeing Asia, Middle East and Africa regions. For more information on Sony’s products and services in Asia Pacific, please visit www.sony-asia.com
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a creative entertainment company with a solid foundation of technology. From game and network services to music, pictures, electronics, semiconductors and financial services – Sony’s purpose is to fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology. For more information, visit: http://www.sony.net/
For media enquiries, please contact:
|Kavya Rai and Geena Hui|
BlueCurrent for Sony Electronics
Asia Pacific and Singapore
Tel: +65 6671 4707 / +65 6671 4428
Sony Electronics Asia Pacific
Tel: +65 6544 7715
 WebLink is a registered trademark of Abalta Technologies, Inc. in the U.S. and a trademark in the other countries. App compatibility may vary by region. For required smartphone operation systems, visit: http:/www.abaltatech.com/weblinkfaq
 Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
 Google and Android Auto are trademarks of Google LLC.
 Less than 6.5 seconds. Time measured approximately until safety caution is displayed.
 Via USB terminal only. Decodable file property with USB 1: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, USB 2: 48 kHz / 24-bit.
 EXTRA BASS is a trademark of Sony Corporation.