Sony Boosts Full-Frame Lens Line-up with Introduction of 35mm F1.8, Lightweight Prime
(SINGAPORE, 10 July 2019) – Sony today announced the latest addition to its E-mount full-frame lens line-up with the introduction of a FE 35mm F1.8 large-aperture wide-angle prime lens, model SEL35F18F.
The compact dimensions and light weight of this full-frame, large-aperture prime lens provide mobility and convenience for shooting a wide range of subjects from everyday snapshots, food photography, landscapes, night scenes and more. The new lens provides outstanding corner-to-corner image quality from a maximum F1.8 aperture and its quiet autofocus and tenacious tracking performance make it a great choice for both stills and movie shooting. Its small size mean it is equally suited to APS-C as well as full-frame bodies, offering a 52.5mm equivalent focal length that is perfect for snapshots, portraits and more.
High resolution and large-aperture full-frame performance in compact and lightweight lens
- Large F1.8 maximum aperture, weighing in at just 280 grams and measuring 65.6 mm (diameter) by 73.0mm (length); this new lens sets a new standard for portability.
- Smart optical construction including an aspherical element to suppress aberration and deliver high resolution throughout the entire image frame. 9-blade circular aperture enables beautiful bokeh.
- Minimum focus distance of 0.22m and maximum magnification of 0.24x offer easy access to the world of close-up photography.
Versatile control and handling for a wide range of imaging needs
- Conveniently placed, customisable focus hold button and a focus mode switch for instantaneous switching between auto and manual focus.
- Linear Response Manual Focus for fine, responsive manual focus control.
- Dust and moisture resistant design add to the versatility and reliability of this new lens and invoke a feeling of confidence in the user.
Quiet AF with excellent tracking for movies as well as stills
- Fast, precise and quiet linear-motor AF drive system for precise focus for both stills and movies where “wobbling” is employed for delicate continuous focus control.
“A 35mm prime lens is a go-to lens for so many photographers as its versatility means that it is the right choice for so many different kinds of shot,” said Dai Tanaka, Director, Digital Imaging Division, Sony Electronics Asia Pacific. “Our new 35mm FE lens combines brilliant corner to corner clarity with a truly lightweight design and we are confident that it will appeal to a wide range of stills and movie shooters.”
Pricing and Availability
The FE 35mm F1.8 will be available at selected Sony Stores, Sony Centres and Sony authorised dealers from August 2019.
For full product details, please click here.
A product video on the new FE 35mm F1.8 can be viewed at: https://youtu.be/5DCL7tYmEnE
About Sony Electronics (Singapore)
Sony Electronics (Singapore) is responsible for the marketing and sales of consumer products, as well as professional products and solutions in Singapore. It also handles export business for Sony products from Singapore to various parts of Asia. Since establishing our presence in Singapore in 1973, we have grown steadily over the years to become a leader in the consumer electronics and broadcast markets. For more information on Sony’s products and services in Singapore, please visit http://www.sony.com.sg/
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a creative entertainment company with a solid foundation of technology. From game and network services to music, pictures, electronics, semiconductors and financial services – Sony’s purpose is to fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology. For more information, visit: http://www.sony.net/
For media enquiries, please contact:
|Kavya Rai and Geena Hui|
BlueCurrent for Sony Electronics
Asia Pacific and Singapore
Tel: +65 6671 4707 / +65 6671 4428
Sony Electronics Asia Pacific
Tel: +65 6544 7428
 35mm full frame equivalent
 Not guaranteed to be fully dust and moisture resistant