Sony announces compact powered subwoofer XS-AW8, delivering big sound with ultra-slim design
(Singapore, 7 October 2020) – Sony introduces the new XS-AW8 compact powered subwoofer, adding a new product category to the company’s in-car offerings. This powerful subwoofer offers the great audio customers have come to expect from Sony, in a compact and versatile form factor. The new XS-AW8 subwoofer allows you to gain bass without losing car space, providing hassle-free, punch and presence to the music in any sized car.
Key Features of XS-AW8 Compact Powered Subwoofer
- 160W Peak Output Power – Fill the car with 160W (75W RMS) of clean and dynamic bass sound from a built-in class A/B amplifier, with Sony’s original power IC designed for precise and clear low end, even at its loudest.
- High Level Input – Even when using a factory radio with no preamp outputs, users can simply connect the speaker outputs of their receiver to the high-level inputs. When pre-out signals are available from the receiver, connect them to the CH1(R) and CH2(L) terminals. High voltage pre-out compatibility means customers can utilize higher voltage up to 5V for a clean audio signal and less external noise.
- Sleek, Shallow Subwoofer – The slim design allows installation in restricted spaces and fills the car with clean and deep base lines.
- Optimally Designed Driver Unit and Low Resonance Cart-aluminum Enclosure – To reproduce powerful bass sound from its compact dimensions, the slim enclosure is paired with a rigid subwoofer diaphragm. The built-in amplifier also integrates a sturdy heat-sink to protect the driver unit and amp without introducing unwanted vibrations and harmonic distortion.
- Wired Remote Commander – A wired remote commander allows customers to adjust the subwoofer volume from the driver’s seat.
- Single-sided Controls & Terminals – Connections and amplifier controls are located together on a single side for easy installation and tuning. The amplifier features a variable low-pass filter for simple connection to full-range sources, including the speaker-level inputs. A switch lets users customize the subwoofer phase output, to present any reduced bass response due from phase cancellation from other speakers in the system.
The XS-AW8 will be available in selected countries in Asia Pacific from November 2020. For full product details, please visit: https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/car-subwoofers/xs-aw8
About Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Based in Singapore, Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation. It serves as the regional management and marketing headquarters for Sony’s consumer as well as broadcasting and professional products, overseeing Asia, Middle East and Africa regions. For more information on Sony’s products and services in Asia Pacific, please visit www.sony-asia.com
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a creative entertainment company with a solid foundation of technology. From game and network services to music, pictures, electronics, semiconductors and financial services – Sony’s purpose is to fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology. For more information, visit: http://www.sony.net/
For media enquiries, please contact:
BlueCurrent for Sony Electronics
Asia Pacific and Singapore
Tel: +65 6671 4707
Sony Electronics Asia Pacific
Tel: +65 6544 7428