This phenomenon occurs because the Dynamic Backlight Control function is adjusting the brightness of the screen when menu items (on-screen displays) or subtitles are detected.
If this phenomenon bothers you, perform the following procedure.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound — Picture — Advanced settings — Brightness.
- Select Display — Picture — Advanced settings — Brightness.
- Set Adv. contrast enhancer to Low or Off.