IMPORTANT: This Answer is for Android TV. For TVs other than Android TV, refer to
The TV (other than Android TV) cannot be connected to the Internet: how to perform a network diagnosis
- Internet circuit by dial-up connection is not supported.
- Connection by proxy is not supported.
- Network that requires login for authentication such as virtual private network (VPN) or PPPoE connection is not supported.
- If it is necessary to disable the firewall of the router, please contact the actual producer of the router.
- If an exclamation mark (!) appears on the Network icon of the Android TV's Home screen, refer to the following.
The Wi-Fi signal drops or intermittently disconnected. (For Android TV)
- Make sure that the Date & time settings are correct. For details, refer to the following article:
How to adjust the date and time on Android TV
NOTE: If the TV is connected via Wi-Fi, confirm that Wi-Fi or Built-in Wi-Fi is set to On.
- Press the Home button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Network & Internet — Wi-Fi and set to On. (Android 9)
- Select Network — Advanced Settings — Built-in Wi-Fi and set to On. (Android 8.0 or earlier)
Follow the procedure below to perform a network diagnosis.
NOTE: The menu screen varies depending on your model. The example image below uses 2017 Android TV models.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network & Internet or Network.
- Select Advanced settings.
NOTE: If Advanced settings is not shown, skip this step.
- Select Network status.
- Select Check Connection.
- Select YES on the Do you want to check the connection? screen.
Connection diagnosis will start. The connection results will be displayed after a while.
The three items displayed in the connection results provide information about the network connection status. Select the corresponding solution from the table in the Solutions depending on Network diagnosis result.
The following screen is an example of displayed connection results.
- Wireless device on TV
- Local access
- Internet access
Connection results when [IPv4: xxxxx][IPv6: xxxxx] is displayed
Please select solutions depending on Network Diagnosis result.
NOTE: If you are using a wireless LAN converter (a type of device connected to the TV with a LAN cable), refer to the Cable connection results in the table below.