IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Note: For details on how to check the OS version, refer to the What Android™ OS version does the Android TV™/Google TV™ use? article.
Android™ 8.0 Oreo™/Android™ 9.0 Pie operating system
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- At the HOME screen, select the Apps icon OR press and hold the HOME button to open the list of installed apps.
- Press the left, right, up, or down arrow buttons to highlight the app you want to close.
- Press and hold the Enter button.
- Select Info.
- Select Force stop.
Android™ 7.0 Nougat™ and below operating system
- On the supplied remote control, press and hold the HOME button.
- Press the left or right arrow buttons to highlight the app.
- Press the down arrow button to highlight the X (Dismiss) icon.
- Press the Enter button.