Error: Battery is not for this model, not detected, not compatible, or not connected
A variation of the error message is The installed battery may not be properly connected or compatible.
IMPORTANT: Before beginning this procedure, use the Battery Care Function utility to check the condition of the battery . If the condition of the battery is listed as anything less than Good, the battery may need to be replaced.
- Turn off the computer and remove the battery.
- Make sure only the AC adapter is connected and turn on the computer.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.
- In the Run window, type MSCONFIG and then press the Enter key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, click Continue or click Yes.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Startup tab.
- On the Startup tab, click to uncheck the box in front of ISB Utility.
- Click the OK button.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Restart button.
- Turn off the computer, reconnect the battery and turn the computer back on.
If the issue is still not resolved, try the steps below:
- Click Start.
- Click Computer.
- Click on C: drive.
- Locate the Program Files(x86) folder.
- In the Program Files(x86) folder, click on the Sony® folder.
- Click the ISB Utility folder.
- Right click on this file and chose rename.
- Rename the file from ISBMgr.exe to ISBMgr.old then press Enter.
- Restart the computer.