How to customize a specific power plan within the Power Options section of the operating system?
Customize a specific power plan within the Power Options section of the operating system.
1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance.
3. In the System and Maintenance window, click Power Options.
4. In the Power Options window, in the Preferred Plan section, below the desired power plan, click Change plan settings.
NOTE: Changes made within a specific power plan will affect that power plan only. This means that if the power plan selection is changed - from VAIO Optimized to High Performance, for example - any changes made to the setting within the previously selected power plan will not be reflected in the newly selected power plan. To ensure that a specific setting is customized the way you want it to be no matter what power plan is selected, modify that setting in all three power plan options.
5. In the Edit Plan Settings window, click the down arrow next to Turn off the display or Put the computer to sleep to change either of those settings.
6. To change additional power settings for the selected power plan, click Change advanced power settings.
7. In the Advanced Settings window, click the Plus (+) button next to the setting category you wish to change.
NOTE: To change a setting in an area that is not available, click Change setting that are currently unavailable.