How to troubleshoot Bluetooth device connectivity issues in Windows 8 and 8.1.
If you are having problems connecting a Bluetooth® technology device to the computer, such as a mouse, headphones, or phone, follow the procedure below to troubleshoot the issue:
IMPORTANT: Not all computers have an internal Bluetooth adapter. To determine if your computer has a Bluetooth adapter, check the computer specifications.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution, try to setup a connection with the Bluetooth device after each step.
- Download and install all Bluetooth updates available online.
- Verify the internal Bluetooth adapter is enabled .
- Verify the internal Bluetooth adapter is set to discoverable mode .
- Verify the Bluetooth device you wish to connect to has been turned on, is charged properly and is set to discovery mode.
NOTE: Refer to the device manufacturer's instructions for proper configuration.
- The Bluetooth device may be out of range or too close. Try moving it closer or a little further away.