The connectivity status of the Network and the Internet can be confirmed in Network Sharing Center of Control Panel. Connectivity problems with Network and the Internet can also be solved here.
1. Click the Start button and click Control Panel.
2. Click Network and Internet in Control Panel.
3. Click Network and Sharing Center.
4. When the Network and Sharing Center screen appears, users can view the recent connectivity status and sharing status.
If the computer is not connected to the Internet on a network, it means the connection has been broken. Connectivity problems with the network can be solved at this point. Please see this FAQ - [Windows Vista]How to diagnose problems of network.
5. Click View full map
6. Displaying the Network map.
Click the Customize button in Network and Sharing Center to set Network to be a Private Network. When the network location type is Public, the full map will not be displayed.
Note: Different screens will be displayed according to different situations.