How to customize the Lock Screen to include or remove application status messages in Windows 8.
The Lock Screen can be customize to display status messages from various applications. Additionally, some apps can also be set to display not just status messages, but detailed information.
NOTE: Currently certain apps are available to add to the Lock Screen display, though more may become available as additional apps are installed from the Windows Store .
Follow these steps to add or remove an application status message to the Lock Screen.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen and click to select the Settings charm.
NOTE: The Win + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, on the Personalize tab, click Lock Screen.
- In the Lock Screen section of the PC settings screen, scroll down to view the Lock screen apps section.
- In the Lock screen apps section, under Choose apps to run in the background..., click one of the + (Plus) icons and then click to select the desired app.
- The applications will be displayed on the Lock Screen in the order presented in the Lock screen apps section.
- Once an application is selected for a given slot, the icon will change from a + (Plus) icon to an icon appropriate for the application chosen.
- To remove an application, click the desired App icon and then click to select Don't show quick status here.
- To choose an app to display detailed status, under Choose an app to display detailed status, click the + (Plus) icon and then click to select the desired app.