- The connection examples below are illustrated using the LF-S50G. This model is currently available at Australia only.
- To use your Smart Speaker as BLUETOOTH speaker, you need to perform pairing of the system and TV by using the BLUETOOTH function. Pairing is the process required to mutually register the information on BLUETOOTH devices to be connected wirelessly in advance.
- The TV needs to be compatible with A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) of the BLUETOOTH profile.
- This function is available only for Sony TV that is compatible with BLUETOOTH A2DP. Check here for compatible Sony TV.
- Only one Bluetooth audio device can be connected to the TV at a time. It is possible to connect Bluetooth devices other than the Bluetooth audio device at the same time.
- For other Bluetooth Smart Speaker, if the device supports A2DP, there is a possibility that it can be used. However, Sony does not guarantee the operation as a manufacturer.
To setup Smart speaker with your Android TV, you will need the following:
- A Smart speaker
- An Android TV with updated software.
- A mobile device with an Android™ or iOS™ operating system (to set up the Google Home app)
- Connect the AC adaptor.
- Install the Google Home app on a smarphone/IPhone
- Set up Wi-Fi with App. Follow the directions in the app to set up your speaker with Wi-Fi. Set the speaker to the smartphone/iPhone's same Wi-Fi connection.
*Depending on your service, you may have to create an account in advance.
Connecting Sony TV with the BLUETOOTH Function Wirelessly
Note: You need to establish a Wi-Fi connection first in order to use the Bluetooth function of your wireless speaker. Connect it to an active network during initial setup, then pair and connect it to a Bluetooth device.
When using Sony TV with the BLUETOOTH function, you can use the Smart Speaker as BLUETOOTH speaker.
To connect the Smart Speaker and TV wirelessly, you need to perform pairing of the system and TV by using the BLUETOOTH function. Pairing is the process required to mutually register the information on BLUETOOTH devices to be connected wirelessly in advance
- Press and hold the (Bluetooth)/PAIRING button to set your speaker into Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Turn on the TV.
- Turn the TV Bluetooth on by going to Settings — Bluetooth settings — Bluetooth — On
- Establish a Bluetooth pairing. From your TV Bluetooth settings, find and select your speaker's name. If passkey* entry is prompted on the Bluetooth device, enter “0000.
”* A passkey may also be called “Passcode,” “PIN code,” “PIN number” or “Password.”
- Start Playback.
For other Smart Speaker system
Refer to the startup guide/manual of your sound to find out how to connect to your TV.
In the event of issues, such as no sound coming out even when using applicable products, refer to the following FAQ:
Troubleshooting for the Bluetooth connection with the audio device on Android TV.