About this download
This update program offers the following additional functions:
- Playing back with AAC format* is available without any format change.
Therefore, AAC format files in SonicStage CP can be transferred without converting them to ATRAC format.
- The Artist Link Shuffle mode is added to the Intelligent Shuffle.
- The clock display and calendar display functions are added.
If CONNECT Player or SonicStage CP is used, the unit clock synchronizes to the computer when the Network Walkman is connected to the software.
- The screen saver is selectable.
- Group +/- can be operated using the compatible stick controller (RM-MC35ELK).
Playback can be adjusted to the beginning of the first track in the previous or next group from the current group, irregardless of the starting position or the playmode.
It is also possible to move to the first track of the group in Playlist, Bookmark, Trash Bin and Favorite 100.
* Below are the specifications of the AAC file which can be played back with the Network Walkman
- AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
- Sampling frequency: 11.025/12/16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48kHz
- Bit rate: 16 - 320 kbps, VBR (Variable Bit Rate) is supported.
Copyright protected AAC files cannot be played back.
It is not guaranteed that all of AAC files can be played back even if the above conditions are met.
The following functions are modified in this update version:
- The sorting order is based on the album track number rather than alphabetical order when Artist ALL is selected from the Artist tree of the List search.
- The animation design which appears while the HDD is accessed is changed.
- The resume track information reset is prohibited with the recharge operation.
Note: This upgrade program is not required if the firmware version of NW-A1000 is more than 2.01.
Download size: 5.89 MB (6,181,584 bytes)
Originally posted: 25 May 2006
- Network Walkman NW-A3000 Upgrade Program Version 3.00
- Windows 98 (SE)
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
Target PC environment:
PC with CONNECT Player or SonicStage CP installed on preinstalled OS.
Follow the steps below and please confirm the firmware version of NW-A3000.
１． Press and hold BACK button until the HOME menu is indicated.
２． Press (Settings) / / / to select and then press .
３． Press / to (Unit information) and then press .
４． Confirm the firmware version.
For Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005/Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2004/ Windows® XP Media Center Edition/Windows® XP Professional/Windows® XP Home Edition users:
Log on with the Administrator group account when installing this upgrade program.
For Windows® 2000 Professional(Service Pack 3 or later) users:
Log on with Administrator user name when installing this upgrade program.
* Service Pack 4 or later is supported in Windows® 2000 Professional.
Please follow the steps below to download the program.
1. Set up the folder for storing the downloaded file on your hard drive.
Assume the folder is named “FWUP” and it is created in C drive.
2. Download the following file NW-A3000_V3_00.exe(6,038 KB) which is suitable for your model on the folder created in Step 1.
3. After the download is completed, select Views -> Details in Explorer to check the selected file size. If the size is not the same, please download the file again.
Follow the steps below to update the firmware after completing the download.
Note: Before updating the firmware, return all music files and data files of the unit to the computer. After the firmware is updated, it may not be possible to use the music files and data files on the unit. Sony is not responsible for music files and data files that cannot be saved on the computer due to the updating.
1. Recharge the battery of the unit fully, then connect the unit to the computer.
2. Close all programs.
3. Click Start ->Run … . The Run dialog box appears .
4. Enter C:\FWUP\NW-A3000_V3_00.exe and click OK. The update program starts.
5. Follow the instructions that appear.
* If Charge the device before performing the software update. is indicated, it means the battery power is not enough to update the firmware. Please charge the battery till it's sufficient and proceed to update the firmware again.
6. Please disconnect the unit from the computer whenThe software update was prepared. Execute ' Safely remove USB device' and disconnect the USB cable with the device. The software update will start.
7. The firmware update starts automatically on the Network Walkman. Restart the Network Walkman after the update is completed.
Confirm the version:
Please confirm the version when the upgrade program is installed successfully with [Confirm the version information ] steps.