About this download
Sony brings you the latest printer driver for the DPP-EX50. By installing the printer driver and connecting the DPP-EX50 to a computer running Windows with a USB cable, you will be able to print pictures from your computer.
To avoid problems when using the printer or installing the software, read the explanation below before installing the software.
This printer driver is exclusively for IBM PC/AT-compatible equipment running standard installed
- Windows® 98 Second Edition
- Windows® Millennium Edition
- Windows® 2000 Professional
- Windows® XP Home Edition
- Windows® XP Professional
Note: Sony does not guarantee operation on computers running Windows® 95, Windows® 98 Gold Edition, Windows® NT, Windows® 2000 or any other version (server, etc.).
CPU : Pentium II 400 MHz or higher
RAM: 64 MB or more
HDD : 200 MB or more hard disk space
* Problems may arise if you connect multiple USB devices to a single computer (including another printers) or if you use a hub. If a problem occurs, reduce the number of connected devices.
* You cannot operate the printer from a USB device used simultaneously with the printer.
* Do not unplug the USB cable while data is being transferred or printed as this will affect printing.
* This printer does not support your computer's standby or hibernation mode. Do not switch the computer to standby mode or hibernation mode during printing as this may cause a printing error.
* The recommended environment does not guarantee operation on all computers.
File Name: DPPEX50W02.EXE
Download size: 10.1 MB (10,439 KB)
Originally posted: 20 January 2007
- DPP-EX50 Printer Driver
- Windows 98 (SE)
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Download the DPPEX50W02.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- If you are using Windows® 2000 Professional, log on as the Administrator or Power User.
- If you are using Windows® XP Professional or Windows® XP Home Edition, log on as the Administrator. Do not connect the printer to your computer until instructed.
- If you connect the printer before instructed, the following window will appear.
Windows® Me: Add New Hardware Wizard
Windows® 2000/XP: Search For New Hardware Wizard
* In this case, disconnect the printer and click Cancel.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded to and double-click on the DPPEX50W02.EXE file.
- Please follow the on-screen prompts carefully to complete the installation.
Windows® 98SE/Me Users
How to check the version after installation
- Click Version information in Sony DPP-EX50 Properties and check that the version that appears above the OK button is 184.108.40.206.
Precautions for Installation
The following situations may arise depending on the condition of your computer. In this case, follow the procedure below.
If the Add New Hardware Wizard appears during installation. Follow the procedure below.
- Windows® 98SE:
1. Click Next.
2. Select the Search for the best driver for your device check box and click Next.
3. Select only the Specify a location check box, specify the location as C:\Windows\Temp\dpp-ex50 and click Next.
Replace [C:\Windows] with the Windows folder location of your computer.
4. Click Next until the Finish button appears and click Finish.
- Windows® Me:
1. Select the Specify the location of the driver check box and click Next.
2. Select the Search for the best driver for your device and Specify a location check boxes, specify the location as C:\Windows\Temp\dpp-ex50 and click Next.
Replace C:\Windows with the Windows folder location of your computer.
3. Click Next until the Finish button appears and click Finish.
If the Add New Hardware Wizard appears again, follow the procedure above to install the software.
If the message appears informing you that DPEXUSB.SYS cannot be found and requesting you to insert the CD-ROM.
- Specify C:\Windows\Temp\dpp-ex50.
- Replace C:\Windows with the Windows folder location of your computer.