About this download
This program will update VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) SPP to version 126.96.36.19990 and will resolve the following symptoms:
- When the ASSIST button is pressed to run VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) recovery tool to perform System Recovery, the protection setting of C drive becomes invalid, and a restoration point will not be created.
VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) SPP Update version 188.8.131.5290
File name: EP0000600650.exe
File size: 2.32 MB (2428256 bytes)
- VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) SPP Update version 184.108.40.20690
- 2.32 MB
- Windows 8 64bit
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click EP0000600650.exe.
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
To confirm the execution result of this patch:
The following steps shows how to easily confirm the system protection in Windows 8:
a) Click on "Start" to open the Windows 8 Metro UI screen and then select "Control Panel".
b) In the "Control Panel" list scroll down to the last option and click "More Settings".
c) Click and open "System and Security".
d) Under the System tab, click on "View amount of RAM and processor speed".
e) Click the option called "System Protection" in the left side of the window.
f) See the protection settings area in the "System Protection" tab of the "System Properties" window.
The protection setting of the local disk(C:) is set with "On".