About this download
This program will update Pointing Driver (Synaptics) to version 126.96.36.199 and will resolve the following symptoms:
- When a default button of the scrolling setting of a mouse is clicked twice, the touchpad scrolling area becomes small.
- Multi-finger clicking and drag don't work.
- Back/Forward function cannot be enabled via VAIO Control Center, when Three-finger Flick is off in Device setting page.
Pointing Driver (Synaptics) Update version 188.8.131.52
File name: EP0000600578.exe
File size: 60.76 MB (63706032 bytes)
- Pointing Driver (Synaptics) Update version 184.108.40.206
- 60.76 MB
- Windows 8 64bit
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click EP0000600578.exe.
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
File needs to be executed twice to complete the installation.
To check if installation is successful:
1. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\SynTP.sys
2. Version should indicate 220.127.116.11.