About this download
This download application will upgrade the System Software to Version: 30R2
- Allows VRD-MC5 to record video directly from a MemoryStick Duo memory card recorded using a Sony's MemoryStick Handycam Camcorder or an HDD/DVD Handycam Camcorder with Hybrid recording capability. Please click here for the Operating Instructions Supplement.
- Allows VRD-MC5 to record video incrementally from multiple recording media in a Sony's Handycam Camcorder with Hybrid recording capability.
- Fixes recording problem with no audio using a Digital8 Handycam Camcorder recorded through 1394 or i.LINK connection.
- Corrects signal detections with a MiniDV Handycam Camcorder as copy-protected.
File name: VRDMC5Updater.zip
File size: 4 MB (4,314,402 bytes)
Updated on: 2008/01/30
- System Software Upgrade to Version: 30R2
- Windows XP
System Software Update Instructions
The instruction describes how to update the system software for the DVDirect VRD-MC5.
Note: For updating the system software on the "VRD-MC5", user need to create a system software updater CD using the computer. Please prepare one blank CD-R disc for creating the update CD in advance.
- Download the system software update zipped folder (VRDMC5Updater.zip) and unzip it. Please note where you have downloaded the folder.
- Within the folder, there is a file, SNDF8U30.DA2, which you will need to create a system software update CD.
- Create the system software update disc by copying file SNDF8U30.DA2 to a CD disc. Below is how you can copy file SNDF8U30.DA2 to a CD by using Windows XP. However, if you have any other CD burning software, it can be used as well. The important thing is to copy file SNDF8U30.DA2 onto a CD disc.
How to Create the System Software Update CD using Windows XP
Record the system software update file downloaded in the previous step onto the root directory of a blank CD-R. For example, on a computer running Windows XP, you can create the system software update CD as follows, using the standard CD creation function in Windows XP (supports CD-R and CD-RW discs):
- Insert a blank disc into the computer's CD drive.
- Open My Computer, browse for the system software update file that you downloaded, and click Copy this file in the File and Folder Tasks pane.
- In the "Copy Items" dialog box that appears, click the CD drive where you inserted the blank disc, and then click Copy.
- Click the balloon message that appears in the notification area.
- Click Write these files to CD in the CD Writing Tasks pane.
- Follow the instructions of the CD creation wizard, and finish writing to the CD.
Steps to Update VRD-MC5
- Turn on VRD-MC5.
- Insert the system software updater CD into VRD-MC5.
- VRD-MC5 will load the disc and will appear the following message, "Unusable disc inserted. Insert a compatible disc." Please disregard this message and select Return from the control buttons.
- From the main Menu select --> Setup --> System Info --> OK
- You will see the following screen. To update, select OK
- VRD-MC5 will ask for your update confirmation again. To continue, select OK.
- The updating process will take approximately 10-15 minutes. During this time, it is imperative that the system is not powered off. After the update, VRD-MC5 will turn itself off automatically.
- To confirm the update, power on VRD-MC5 and repeat step 6 to confirm. The new System Updated Version should be 30R2.
- Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- Other company and product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners, although the (TM) and (R) marks are not used in the text.