This information is for the following models:
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
About this download
"Content Transfer for Mac" is a software to transfer your music, video, photos, podcasts and playlists in an easy way. You can use the "Drag & Drop" function to move the files from iTunes to your Walkman. The software will automatically sort the files to the appropriate folders on the player.
- File formats for transfer
Music: .mp4, .3gp, .m4a, .oma, .wma, .mp3, .wav, .flac, .ape, .aiff, and .aif
Video: .mp4, .m4v, and .wmv
- Automatic Transfer function
Note: The Content Transfer for Mac software supports data transfer from iTunes 11.0 or later
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Mac OS:
IMPORTANT: Not supported by OSs other than specified below.
- macOS 10.13 - 10.15
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
- Version 1.6 (1.6.05220)
- 9.32 MB (9,781,040 byte)
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs.
Download & Install
Make sure to logon as Administrator to your computer.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions
- Download the file to your computer
- Quit all software running on your computer
- Double click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions
Note for macOS 10.15 users: The following dialog will appear when the software detects a Walkman on macOS 10.15. Please press "OK".
- When the message indicating the upgrade is complete is displayed, click on [Close]
After the install procedure is complete, "Content Transfer for Mac" will launch automatically.
Note: An iTunes folder might not exist on macOS 10.15. Select "Music" or "Custom" for the "Auto Transfer Folder" setting.