Firmware Update version 1.01 for PCM-A10 (Mac)
Resolves an issue where, on rare occasions, the power of the recorder cannot be turned on when connected via USB and the computer enters sleep mode
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
- Resolves an issue where, on rare occasions, the power of the recorder cannot be turned on when connected via USB and the computer enters sleep mode
IMPORTANT: If the "No Power ON" symptom occurs on your model, update the firmware after restarting your model.
How to restart your model:
Slide the HOLD•POWER switch to [POWER] and hold it for 8 seconds or longer. After that, release the HOLD•POWER switch. The restart process begins.
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Mac OS:
IMPORTANT: Not supported by OSs other than specified below.
- OS X 10.10-10.11, macOS 10.12-10.14
1 GHz or more
1 GB or more (32bit) / 2 GB or more (64bit)
- Firmware Update version 1.01 for PCM-A10 (Mac)
- Version 1.01
- 14.2 MB (14,924,656 byte)
Check the firmware version
Do I need to download it? This update is not necessary if your PCM-A10 has already been updated to firmware version 1.01 by the automatic firmware update function.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Press and hold the [HOME/BACK] button until the Home menu appears.
- Select the [Settings] > [Common Settings] > [Unit Information] menu
- Confirm the Model number and Firmware version
Before you upgrade
- Be sure to remain connected to the network while updating.
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer. Data that remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
We cannot guarantee that tracks and data will not be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
- When upgrading, the unit needs to have around 40 MB of free space. Please check that there is sufficient free space.
- If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
- When installing this file, make sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with administrative rights.
Download & Install
Step 1: Install the update
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Download the file to your computer.
- After completion of the download, connect your PCM-A10 to your computer via USB connection.
- Close all software running on your computer.
- Double-click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer during the upgrade.
During the update, PCM-A10 automatically shut down.Note: The "USB disconnect" message may appear on some computers.
- When the message indicating that the upgrade is complete displays, click [Finish].
Step 2: Check the update was successful
After the update, please confirm that the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Check the firmware version] section.
If the Firmware version shown is "1.01", the upgrade was successful.