How to transfer photos from the camera to a Mac computer
Follow these steps to copy photos from a camera to an Apple Macintosh computer.
Connect the camera directly to the USB port on the computer.
Turn on the camera.
Note: If an image capture program or app automatically starts, close it.
Copy the photos from the camera.
- Open Finder.
- Select Go.
- Select Computer.
- Select the NO NAME or UNTITLED icon.
- Select the photos you want to copy.
Click on the DCIM folder.
Click the 100MSDCF folder.
Press and hold the SHIFT key.
While holding the SHIFT key, click to select the photos you want to transfer.
- After selecting the photos, release the SHIFT key.
- Press Command+C to copy the files.
Paste the picture files to the computer.
- On the Finder Bar, choose Go, All my files then select Pictures.
- Press Command+V to paste the file into the Pictures folder.
- If you can't recall the location where the photos were saved, use the computer Search feature to locate them.
- Photos in RAW format need to be processed with the Imaging Edge Desktop software before they can be used in most photo software.