Refer to the following questions and answers.
- Can I use a USB mobile battery as an external power supply for the camera?
- Is there a battery charger other than the supplied AC adapter for USB charging?
- The battery packs cannot be charged when the digital single lens camera α is connected to the AC Adaptor (supplied) or to the computer using the micro USB cable.
- The battery does not charge when connected to a computer.
Transferring images to a computer
NOTE: For details on transferring images by PlayMemories Home, refer to the following FAQ:
Frequently Asked Questions for PlayMemories Home
- How to transfer pictures from a digital still camera to a computer with a USB connection.
- How to transfer videos to a Macintosh computer.
- What software do I use to transfer photos and videos to an Apple Macintosh computer?
- The computer does not recognize the USB connection from a Sony digital camera.
- Unable to import videos recorded in 60p/50p to Apple iMovie software.
Playing backHow to:
- TV does not playback videos from a camera or camcorder connected using a USB connection.
- AVCHD movies are choppy or do not playback smoothly on a computer.