To make your Cyber-shot® camera life last longer, regular cleaning should be done. Keep it away from dirt, dust, marks or fingerprints.
Things you need:
- Blower - used to remove dust and debris from the body and inside of the camera.
- Cleaning cloth - used to wipe the camera and the lens. It is recommend to use a chemical fiber cloth, which can be used repeatedly by washing. It can easily remove the oil from your nose that gets on the LCD screen when using the viewfinder.
Follow the steps below to remove dirt, dust, marks or fingerprints on the camera.
Blow the dust off on the camera using the blower.
Open the lens cover.
NOTE: There are two ways in making the lens visible on Cyber-shot cameras.
- Turn the camera on and switch to shooting mode.
- The lens cover needs to be slid open.
With the lens cover open, blow the dust off on the lens and then wipe the lens gently.
Turn off the camera and make sure the lens cover is closed.
- Wipe the entire camera with the cloth.
IMPORTANT: Remove the battery in the camera if it will not be used for a long period of time.
NOTE: Leaving the camera without charging for about a month will clear the Date/Time setup. Setting up the Date/Time again will allow you to use the camera again.