JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Close the Prepare your VAIO
2. Exit VAIO Gate
3. Set Screen Saver to None
4. Set Volume control to Mute
Rignt-click the Volume icon on the taskbar -> Select Open volume Mixer - Click Mute icon
5. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
6. Do not change initial settings of McAfee Security Center
7. Turn off the Windows automatic updates
Click Start -> Control Panel -> Click Windows updates -> Click Change Settings -> Uncheck Never check for updates.
8. Close all Desktop Gadgets
9. Set the desktop background to VAIO Long Battery Life Wallpaper
10. Set Visual Effects to Adjust best performance
11. Set Taskbar appearance to Auto-hide the taskbar
12. Exit VAIO Smart Network
13. Exit Catalyst Control Center
14. Exit Webroot Spy Sweeper
15. Exit VAIO Update
16. Set Create Recovery Discs to Don't remind me again.
17. Move the shortcuts on the Desktop to Recycle Bin
1. Select VAIO Maximum Battery
Control Panel - Power Options, Select VAIO Maximum Battery
2. Go to Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Advanced settings tab
Sleep After - Never
Dim display after - Never
Turn off display After - Never
Adjust plan brightness: Minimum
3. Go to Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> VAIO Power Management tab
Color quality - Medium (16 bit)
i.LINK Port: Disable
Memory card slot: Disable
JEITA Measuring Method A:
--AMD/M96-LP + High Contrast LCD Models--
Change the brightness level to 0 using Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 key.
--AMD/M92-XT + "Eco Eco-Bright" grade LCD Models only--
Change the brightness level to 2 using Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 key.
Please refer to the steps below
1. Fully charge the battery of the notebook.
2. Play the video clip stored on the HDD Drive continuously.
Please refer to the following to obtain the test media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the HDD Drive.
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the notebook shuts down automatically.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.