JEITA A stands for Japan Electronic Information Technology Association (Ver 1.0).
JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Screen saver: None.
Right-click on the desktop→ Personalize →Screen saver→ None
2. Volume control: Mute.
Select the Volume icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Open volume Mixer→ Mute
3. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
Select the Wireless Function icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Show main dialog→ Uncheck Enable Wireless LAN→ Click apply
4. Do complete the initial settings of McAfee Security Center
5. Disable auto update of McAfee Security Center
6. Turn off the Windows automatic updates
Start→ Control Panel→ Windows update→ Automatic updating off
Common settings in Control Panel - Power Options
* Power Plan
Control Panel - Power Options, Select VAIO Maximum Battery
* Plan Settings
1. Turn off the display: Never
2. Put the computer to sleep: Never
* VAIO Power Management
Go to Change advanced power settings - VAIO Power Management - Advanced button
1. Leave Enable VAIO Power Management selected.
2. Unselect Automatically hibernate when computer goes into a low-power state.
Other detailed settings in Advanced settings tab were customized in measurement.
Adjust the brightness of the LCD
Change the brightness level to 3 with Fn & F5 or F6 key.
Please reference the instructions below.
1. Fully charge your notebook's battery.
2. Play the video clip which you have stored on your HDD Drive continuously.
Please reference information to get the testing media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto your HDD Drive.
3. Calculate the running time after you unplug the AC adaptor until your notebook automatic shutdown.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.