The sound is muffled, or there is no sound
If there is water inside the headset or if foreign substances, such as earwax, are clogging the headset, there may be no sound or the sound may be muffled. Use the following procedure to rinse, drain, and dry the headset.
- Remove the earbuds and arc supporters from both the left (L) and right (R) units.
- Rinse the terminals (1) and the mesh sheet (2) with gently running tap water.
While gently running tap water over the headset, remove any foreign substances that are built up on the mesh sheet (2) by brushing the mesh sheet side to side with a soft-bristle toothbrush, or something similar.
- Do not brush roughly; doing so may damage the mesh sheet (2).
- Be careful because water and dirt getting inside the mesh sheet (2) is a cause of malfunctions.
- When you have removed all foreign substances, use a soft, dry cloth to wipe off any water on the surface of the headset.
- Lightly pat the headset's units against a dry cloth about 20 times to remove any water.
- Lightly pat the areas around the buttons against a dry cloth about 30 times to remove any water.
- Place the units on a dry cloth, and then leave them to dry at room temperature for about 2 to 3 hours.
- First, confirm that the headset is dry, and then set it in the charging case.
- Do not set the headset in the charging case until the headset is completely dry. If you charge the headset while water droplets are still on its terminals, contact failure due corroded terminals may occur and cause malfunctions.