JEITA A stands for Japan Electronic Information Technology Association (Ver 1.0).
JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Screen saver: None.
Right-click on the desktop - Personalize -Screen saver - None
2. Volume control: Mute.
Select the Volume icon on the taskbar - Right-click - Open volume Mixer - Mute
3. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
Select the Wireless Function icon on the taskbar - Right-click - Show main dialog - Deselect Enable Wireless LAN and click Apply.
4. Do complete the initial settings of McAfee Security Center
5. Disable auto update of McAfee Security Center
6. Turn off the Windows automatic updates
Start - Control Panel - Windows update - Automatic updating off
Common settings in Control Panel - Power Options
* Power Plan
Control Panel - Power Options, Select VAIO Maximum Battery
* Plan Settings
1. Turn off the display: Never
2. Put the computer to sleep: Never
* VAIO Power Management
Go to Change advanced power settings - VAIO Power Management - Advanced button
1. Leave Enable VAIO Power Management selected.
2. Deselect Automatically hibernate when computer goes into a low-power state.
Other detailed settings in Advanced settings tab were customized in measurement.
Adjust the brightness of the LCD
Change the brightness level to 3 with Fn & F5 or F6 key.
Please refer to the steps below.
1. Fully charge the battery of the VAIO.
2. Playback the video clip stored on the hard disk drive continuously.
Note: Please refer to the link below to obtain the testing media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the hard disk drive.
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the VAIO shuts down automatically.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.