Depending on your camera, the battery may be able to be charged on the camera or by using a separate battery charger. Refer to the section below that relates to the charging method you are using.
Charging while the battery is attached to the camera:
- Make sure the battery is firmly attached and the AC adapter is securely connected.
- If your camera can charge the battery with a USB connection, use the built-in USB cable to connect it to the computer. If you use a USB charger instead of the computer, check the compatibility of the USB charger.
- Turn off the camera. The battery is does not charge if the camera is turned on.
Charging using the battery charger:
- If the CHARGE lamp does not light or blinks when charging, the terminals may be dirty. Wipe the dust away with a dry cloth and charge the battery again.
- Make sure the metal contacts on the battery are free of corrosion.
- It is recommended that only a Sony® rechargeable battery and battery charger be used.
- It is recommended to charge the battery in an environment with a temperature range between 50° F to 86° F (10° C to 30° C) until the CHARGE lamp goes off.
- Do not touch the metal battery terminals with your hands or another metal object.
If the issue is still unresolved, then the battery may need to be replaced.
If still unresolved after trying a replacement battery, then the camera may require service.