After importing AVCHD, MP4 and XAVC S movies which are copied on external recording media such as an external hard disk drive, onto your computer, you can write the movies onto the camcorder using the PlayMemories Home software.
You cannot write movies saved on an external hard disk drive onto the camcorder by connecting the camcorder and the external hard disk drive directly with an USB cable.Preparation
- If PlayMemories Home is not installed on your computer, download it from the following web page.
PlayMemories Home Support
- USB cable supplied with the camcorder
NOTE: Some Handycams are equipped with the USB cable (built-in USB cable) on the grip belt portion.
- External hard disk drive containing images
- Connect the external hard disk drive and the computer with the USB cable.
- Import images to the computer using PlayMemories Home.
- Connect the camcorder and the computer with the USB cable.
- Write high-definition image quality (AVCHD format) movies on the Handycam using PlayMemories Home.