Using a compatible memory card for your camera and the supplied USB cable, it is possible to update the GPS assist data on a Macintosh® computer.
Follow the steps below to import the GPS assist data.
- Download the latest GPS assist data from http://control.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/GPS/assistme.dat.
NOTE: The file is downloaded to the Download folder on the computer.
- Insert the memory card into the camera.
- Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
- On the computer screen, double-click the memory card icon.
NOTE: The memory card icon name shows as Untitled or No Name.
- In the memory card window, create a new folder named Private.
- In the Private folder, create a new folder named Sony.
- In the Sony folder, create a new folder named GPS.
- Copy the downloaded GPS assist data file (assistme.dat) to the newly-created GPS folder.
- Turn off the camera.
- Disconnect the camera from the computer.
- Turn on the camera again.