About this download
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a firmware update for Interchangeable Lens Camera (ILCA-77M2).
- The autofocus speed has been improved.
- This update enables shooting movies in 60p/30p/24p* due to the XAVC S format that supports high bit rates.
*For NTSC model: 60p/30p/24p
For PAL model: 50p/25p(PAL mode)，60p/30p/24p(NTSC mode)
* When shooting a movie in the XAVC S format, ensure that an SDXC card of Class 10 or faster is used after formatting the card using the unit updated with the system software. If you format the memory card, all the data will be erased. Please ensure that the data on the card is backed up before formatting.
* Refer to the Help Guide for the details of XAVC S movie shooting features.
Check the firmware version
Note: This update is intended for ILCA-77M2 cameras that currenltly have a System Firmware version 1.02 or earlier.
- Select Menu > Setup (6) > Version on the camera.
- The System Firmware version is displayed.
- If current version is 2.00, update is not required.
Preparing for firmware update
System requirements for a computer
- MAC OS X version 10.5 - 10.11
Other system requirements
- CPU Intel Processor (Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported)
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
* Please close all other application software and deactivate the sleep mode on your computer before updating the system software.
- USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FM500H or the AC Adaptor AC-PW10AM (Sold Separately).
Note: The upgrade can be performed only when the remaining battery level is (three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery.
- OS X
- Mac OS
- When performing the system software update, please use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FM500H or AC Adaptor AC-PW10AM (Sold Separately).
- Do not remove the battery during the update; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown.
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
- Prevent your computer from entering into Sleep Mode, the system software update takes approximately 10 minutes to perform.
- Do not cover the Eyepiece sensors during the update, otherwise, the LCD monitor may switch to the Viewfinder mode. If you can not see anything on the LCD monitor, please press FINDER/LCD button.
Please click on the download button to start downloading.
To continue with the step, please click here.