About this download
This program will upgrade SATA drivers to Ver.22.214.171.1242 and resolve the following symptom:
1. Error-checking (scan disk in Windows Vista) stops in the middle.
SATA Driver Upgrade Program Version 126.96.36.1992
File name: EP0000165352.exe
File size: 771 KB (790,080 bytes)
- To install SATA Driver Upgrade Program Version 188.8.131.522
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click EP0000165352.exe.
3. When the User Account Control dialog appears, proceed to the next step.
4. When the install wizard of device driver appears, click Next.
5. When the installation complete message appears, click Finish and restart the system.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Choose Properties of Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller.
3. Choose the Driver tab.
4. Check the following information:
Driver Date is 2008/07/20 (Y/M/D).
Driver Version is 184.108.40.2062.
Digital Signature is Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.