About this download
This program will upgrade Audio Driver to Ver.6.10.5379.1 and solve the following problem:
1. Vista Service Pack1 is not listed on the Windows update module list when using the old audio driver.
Audio Driver Update Program Version 6.10.5379.1
File name: EP0000157222.exe
File size: 5.04 MB (5,287,536 bytes)
- To install Audio Driver Update Program Version 6.10.5379.1
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Uninstall the current audio driver first and restart the unit again.
2. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
3. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click EP0000157222.exe.
4. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
5. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Start Device Manager and double-click SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.
2. Click the Driver tab.
3. Check the driver version is 6.10.5379.1.