About this download
This program will upgrade the Firmware for SuperMulti Drive UJ-850U to Version 1.61 and the following is improved in this upgrade version:
1. Write quality for DVD-R DL MKM2.4x media.
Before installing this upgrade program:
1. Check that the pre-installed Optical Driver is UJ-850U or UJ-850S.
SuperMulti Drive UJ-850U Firmware Upgrade Program Version 1.61
File name: EP0000144835.exe
File size: 1.98 MB (2,080,584 bytes)
- To install SuperMulti Drive UJ-850U Firmware Upgrade Program Version 1.61
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Please ensure the Optical Drive is UJ-850U or UJ-850S.
2. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
3. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000144835.exe file.
4. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
5. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Select DVD/CD-ROM Device.
3. Check the properties of MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S.
4. Select the Details tab and select Hardware ID
5. Check that the version is 1.61.